Remote workers are employees who are able to work on a remote basis. In this regard, they are not obliged to travel to the office in order to conduct their tasks, as they are inherently able to conduct their tasks from any location.
Dokodemo-Kerja is currently the best online attendance application in circulation, applying a full range of features used to flexibly increase overall employee productivity.Some of these features include Attendance & Leave Management, Task Organization, as well as Employee performance evaluation: all through just one application.
Manage Employees Easier through the Dokodemo-Kerja HRD Application. Try it now!
Over the past two years, the overall number of remote based employment opportunities have steadily been increasing. Indeed, similarly, the drive to work on a more independent basis in any location has always seemed like a tempting offer for the workers themselves. Based on data obtained from www.apollotechnical.com it is known that during COVID-19 there are around 70% of full-time employees who work from home. In addition, it is known that there are about 92% of people who expect to work from home at least 1 day per week and 80% expect to be able to work from home at least 3 days per week. This shows that in increasing number of employees are purposely aiming to work on a remote basis.
What Is a Remote Worker?
Basically, remote workers are employees who can work flexibly remotely outside the physical office of the company where they work. This means that these remote workers can do their work in any location they want, be it from home, café, co-working space or other locations as long as they can still be productive at work.
In addition, remote workers can also work from different regions from the physical office of the company where they work. That way, regional boundaries are not a problem so that companies can hire quality employees from different regions.
Remote work systems are indeed increasingly popular. However, not all types of businesses can implement this flexible work system. Usually, companies that employ remote workers are IT consulting companies, customer service, education, marketing, and others.
The Popularity of Remote Work Will Continue to Increase
Most companies in Indonesia do use a conventional work system where employees have to work on-site. This happens because not all business sectors are suitable or in accordance with this remote work system.
Even so, you need to know that the popularity of remote work continues to increase. Of course, this condition is also a sign that more and more companies are recruiting these remote workers.
Remote work will be increasingly in demand because the work system offers many advantages that conventional work systems do not have. Examples such as:
- Offering flexibility to employees
- Increase productivity because employees don’t have to stress about traffic jams and can focus more on working in locations that can make them feel comfortable.
- Can save employee or company expenses
In addition, based on statistical data obtained from moneyzine.com, it is known that the popularity of remote work has a high probability of increasing.
- 73% of all departments will have remote workers in the near future.
- 69% of millennials are willing to exchange the benefits provided by companies in order to work flexibly.
- 77% of remote workers feel more productive when working at home.
- 74% of employees say that they will be more loyal and not leave the company if they have the opportunity to work remotely.
Best Practices for Managing Remote Workers
Well, if your company wants to implement a remote work system then there are several things you need to prepare. Here we present tips for managing remote workers in your company.
1. Create a remote work policy
When you want to implement a remote work system, your company needs to create a policy that outlines everything about how the company operates with the remote work system. Also inform what your company’s expectations are for remote workers.
Here are some things to keep in mind when creating a remote work policy:
- Decide who can work remotely.
- Create policies governing the privacy and security concerns of corporate data. For example, employees are not allowed to access sensitive data with public WiFi.
- Set how to communicate with remote workers such as by finding communication tools to use, employee available hours, and others.
- Consider the legal compliance of employees. Examples include paying income tax, working for 40 hours a week, and others.
2. Maintaining a Level of Communication
When managing employees who work outside the physical office of the office, the company is obliged to maintain good communication. This is necessary because when communication is not maintained properly, it will cause a variety of problems ranging from unmet deadlines, loss of profits, employees who feel unappreciated, and others.
An advanced HRIS system that effectively monitors the performances and productivity of your employees. WFO or WFH? Manage both and Stay Productive with Dokodemo-Kerja!
An affordable HRIS app that increases productivity. Check it out here!
3. Use a HRIS Application
HRIS or Human Resources Information System application is an application intended by HR practitioners to facilitate the HR management process. This application provides a variety of functionality that can maintain the productivity of remote workers. For example, the HRIS application will provide an online attendance feature that can be used by remote workers to clock in from their working location. After, the employee makes a attendance, the application will then work calculating the employee’s working time so that the company can ensure that they work 8 hours a day.
One example of an HRIS application in Indonesia is Dokodemo-Kerja. Besides being able to be used to conduct online attendance, Dokodemo-Kerja also has a variety of work monitoring features such as the following:
- GPS tracker: to monitor employee work location
- Screen monitoring: monitors employee activity during working hours by creating a screen capture on the employee’s laptop screen.
- Time tracker: calculates the total working time of employees for each assigned task.
4. Use a Remote Work Application
In order for employees to work well, you need remote working tools or remote work applications. The application will facilitate the collaboration process between employees so that work can be completed in a timely manner. Here are some examples of tools or applications that you need to prepare:
- Video conferencing applications: Google Meet, Zoom, etc.
- Project management: Trello, Jira, etc
- File management: Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Team chat: Slack, WhatsApp, etc.
5. Monitor Employee Engagement
Employee engagement is an emotional commitment that employees have to the company they work for. Usually, employees who work remotely tend to have low employee engagement. In fact, employee engagement is one of the important things that companies must pay attention to because it can bring various positive impacts on maintaining employee retention, increasing productivity, and reducing employee absence lists.
Therefore, companies need to maintain and increase the involvement of remote workers in the company. Some of the ways you can do it are as follows:
- Apply fairly to remote workers or employees who work on site.
- Improve communication.
- Give recognition and appreciation such as by giving rewards.
- Keep paying attention to the welfare of remote workers such as by giving. health benefits, employment insurance, paid cuts, and others.
Dokodemo-Kerja is a HRIS Application for Monitoring Remote Workers
There’s no need to fret about the performance of your remote based workers anymore, as Dokodemo-Kerja has a variety of functionality that can monitor your employees remotely. This app will help ensure that your employees are actually working well during working hours.
In addition, the application also provides a feature to manage leave. Through this feature, day off management processes such as annual leave, sick permits, or others can be managed practically with a digital system. We also serve the creation of custom features so that the application can work according to the needs of your company.
Please click the Dokodemo-Kerja HRIS feature or contact the Dokodemo-Kerja Team to get more explanation about this HRIS application. We will be happy to assist you.